Thursday, November 19, 2009


Since all my blogs that I have written have been giving you some information and history of Girl Guides all over the world. I chose the topic because I have experienced Ladybirds, Brownies and Guides! I started Ladybirds in Ireland at the age of 5, and I continued to becoming a Brownie and then a Guide which I quit when I was beginning secondary school. At the moment for my Transition year I am doing community service in my local Brownie guide company which I love. I am doing it every Tuesday, every week for an hour and a half but now it has encouraged me to continue helping voluntarily as I loved being part of Irish Girl Guides.

I would encourage any young boy or girl to join Boy Scouts or Girl Guides or at least try it out for a week or two as it is a learning experience which I enjoyed thoroughly because I learnt a lot of new things like learning to tie a special knot, and learning to cook in the Brownie Guide Cottage which the organizations might visit for a weekend once a year. Not only did I learn a lot of new activities I also made many friends that I am still friends with even after 4years after quitting.

I hope my blogs have helped you learn new information and history about Girl Guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment